This post may contain Amazon® product affiliate links. We may receive a commision if you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links but at no cost to you. Please visit Our Disclosure Page for more information. Thank you.
The health risks that associate themselves with women seem to be an endless list. Thankfully most of a woman’s health risk can easily be prevented and many are even curable. Most women realize with age they are most likely at risk for many health issues. Knowing this most women will do anything in their power to prevent this. Here are the top ten health risk mostly associated with women and ways to prevent them:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or what many people call COPD is a lung condition which includes bronchitis and emphysema. This can be prevented by not smoking, avoiding secondhand smoke, and reducing your exposure to chemicals and air pollution.
- Cancer one of the leading causes in many women. Anything from lung cancer breast cancer. Can many times be prevented by not smoking, physical activity, healthy weight, healthy diet, limited sun, and moderate alcohol consumption.
- Heart diseases can also be a major health threat to women. Eating healthy fiber rich and whole grain products can help prevent heart disease. Be sure to manage stress because this plays a major role in heart disease.
- Stroke. Although you can’t necessarily prevent stroke you can control some of the factors such as controlling high cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Limiting your saturated fat and cholesterol intake can also control this health risk.
- Alzheimer’s disease is a leading health risk in women. Although there is no proven way to prevent this disease it is recommended that you take extra care of your heart, avoid all head injuries, and stay active.
- Kidney disease is often the cause of diabetes or high blood pressure. To prevent kidney failure be sure to eat a healthy diet, have daily physical activity, and take prescribed medications.
- Injuries can be a leading cause to some of women’s worst health factors. Always be sure to wear a seat belt, follow speed limits, and don’t drive while tired. These can prevent you from having a fatal crash or injury.
- Flu although sometimes deadly flu can’t necessarily be prevented. Weak immune systems are one of the leading causes in the flu virus. Extra precautions can include:
- Annual Flu Vaccines
- Keep a strong immune system
- Stay away from people who may be infected with the virus.
- Blood Poising is a life threatening infection that is caused by the presence of bacteria or their toxins in your blood stream. This isn’t exactly preventable but you can take extra precautions such as:
- Washing your hands.
- Immediate medical care for all infections.
- Wipe from front to back after urinating.
- Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. To prevent type 2 diabetes lose excess pounds; eat healthy foods such as fruit, vegetables, and food low in fat.